reef-dev mailing list archives

From Dhruv Mahajan <dhruv.maha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors getting supressed in the logs
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 18:31:27 GMT
Answers inline:

> 1. Does throwing the Exception crash the Task? Do you get a FailedTask
> event?

Yes, in IMRU driver I do see the FailedTask being captured and exception
being thrown using Exceptions mechanism.

2. If you do get a FailedTask event, were you able to inspect the Exception?

So I was trying to look in the task. And over there I cannot see it.  But
then within the catch if I do a try catch loop around the code throwing
exception and print it in catch statement I do see it. On driver side, it
says there is exception but then Exceptions class does not show stack trace
so I cannot figure out the root cause.

> 3. Where in the Task was the Exception thrown? e.g. in a child Thread,
> in a .NET Task?

There was only one main task thread.

> 4. Is this reproducible with a test? If so, could you provide a branch?

should be .. I will create one