reef-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Jeong <culex496...@gmail.com>
Subject .NET Driver-side threads
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 23:53:19 GMT
Hi,

While experimenting with the .NET Driver, I noticed an interesting fact:
If an OnNext(IDriverStarted driverStarted) thread blocks (e.g. Thread.Sleep(),
Monitor.Wait()) after submitting an evaluator request via
IEvaluatorRequestor, then evaluators fail to spawn until the thread is
unblocked.
I'm pretty sure this is not the case for the Java-side;
EventHandler<AllocatedEvaluator>s will fire regardless of whether
EventHandler<StartTime>s have finished or not.

Does the transition between .NET and Java via JNI have something do with
this?
Just to provide some context, I'm trying to make the OnNext(IDriverStarted
driverStarted) thread wait until a certain amount of evaluators have
spawned and have passed through OnNext(IAllocatedEvaluator
allocatedEvaluator).

Thanks,
Jason