reef-dev mailing list archives

From Mariia Mykhailova <mamyk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: C# build artifacts causing maven test errors
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 19:43:58 GMT
I have seen similar behavior at my branch for REEF-1255 when I was experimenting with removal
of packages.config from projects, but not at master.
When I build master branch using command
msbuild $REEFSourcePath\lang\cs\Org.Apache.REEF.sln /p:Configuration="Debug" /p:Platform="x64"
/m /nr:false
I don't see any extra app.config files generated under lang/cs/O.A.R.<project>

-Mariia

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Service [mailto:dsopsrc@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:04 PM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: C# build artifacts causing maven test errors

The following files get generated during a C# build from powershell

lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.All/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Client.Tests/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Client/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Common.Tests/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Common/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Driver/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Examples/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.IMRU.Tests/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.IMRU/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.IO.Tests/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.IO/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Network.Examples/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Network.Tests/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Network/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Examples/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Tang/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Wake.Tests/app.config
lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Wake/app.config

And they are not removed by the Clean-REEF command. The existence of these files then cause
'mvn test' to fail with the following error when switching back to building Java.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.11:check
(validate) on project reef-dotnet: Too many files with unapproved license:
18 S
ee RAT report in: C:\code\reef\lang\cs\target\rat.txt -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.11:check
(validate) on project reef-dotn
et: Too many files with unapproved license: 18 See RAT report in:
C:\code\reef\lang\cs\target\rat.txt

is this a know issue?

Doug