reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecate Exceptions.Throw?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 22:40:42 GMT
On 2016-06-07 3:29 PM, Dhruv Mahajan wrote:
> Just to be clear, are we saying that we are deprecating
> Exception.Throw and Exceptions.CatchAndThrow?

I am advocating to deprecate the whole class. Once we have consensus on
that.

I was specifically referring to the case you mentioned:

On 2016-06-07 2:43 PM, Dhruv Mahajan wrote:
> It is caught and thrown but the whole stack trace is lost. Can
> somebody confirm that? By changes in evaluator I meant that stack
> trace should also be shown.

This happens when the Evaluator catches an Exception and then exits,
right? Erasing the stack trace at that time is indeed bad form and
should be fixed. That is what I meant with catch and throw which should
be avoided.

Markus