reef-dev mailing list archives

From "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qiuhe.W...@microsoft.com>
Subject Question about failure scenarios
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 02:43:13 GMT
I have some questions regarding some failure scenarios:

We request some Evalutors, for some reason, not all of them are allocated.  Is this a valid
scenario? How do we know if the request is not fulfilled? Would Java side handle such case
or throw errors? Or shall we use the number of IAllocatedEvaluartors to check if all the requested
evalutors are allocated?  If yes, shall we use timeout because the event could come later.

Similarly after we submit ServiceAndContexts, how do we know all the submissions are successful?
If something is wrong inside context, I guess we will receive IFailedContext. But if submitting
itself has problem, how do we know? Shall we count the number of IActiveContext received?

Same for Task submitting. A task can be submitted on an allocated but somehow failed evaluator.
How do we know if the submitting is not successful? Just by counting number of IRunningTasks
received? How long we need to wait before claiming not all tasks are submitted successfully?

Thanks,
Julia