reef-dev mailing list archives

From Dhruv Mahajan <dhruv.maha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error messages in reef functional tests
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 15:04:18 GMT
Another long term option is to replace these functional tests by proper
exception throwing or logging mechanism where these logs or messages are
actually transferred from driver to client. Tasks can first send them to
driver which can report them back to client.

Dhruv
On Jun 16, 2016 7:52 AM, "Markus Weimer" <markus@weimo.de> wrote:

On 2016-06-15 10:46, Mariia Mykhailova wrote:

> I believe they are triggered by tests which crash evaluator.

Ok. In that case, we should document this as part of our build
instructions. This can easily alarm people who build & test REEF for the
first time. We had the following text in the Java build instructions for
some time now because of a similar issue:

Note that the tests will take several minutes to complete. You will
> also see stack traces fly by. Not to worry: those are part of the
> tests that test REEF's error reporting.

Markus