reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: TransportEvent, RemoteEvent, and Mapping Identifiers to Endpoints in Java
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:01:25 GMT
On 2016-06-20 16:38, Andrew Chung wrote:
> Is this scenario of concern on the Java side? I notice that Java
> performs some sort of connection caching at the lower level - e.g.
> if process A already has a client connected to process B and process
> B wants to connect to process A, it does not seem to open a new
> endpoint but directly uses the existing connection.

That is by design. In very large systems, the number of network
connections a machine needs to manage becomes a bottleneck in its own
right. Hence, we made an effort to achieve a situation where there is at
most 1 connection between any pair of Evaluators in a REEF job. We
should strive for the same behavior in .NET.

Markus