reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Q about the runtime folder for the .NET tests
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 17:26:52 GMT
On 2016-06-06 3:17 PM, Mariia Mykhailova wrote:
>> Is there any reason not to name the outer folders by the test
>> name?
> Folder name length? For tests with long names,
> REEF_LOCAL_RUNTIMEe6b76755 is shorter than
> EvaluatorRequestingDriverSpecifyingRuntimeName.

Yes, but we have `REEF_LOCAL_RUNTIMEe6b76755\[JOBNAME]` in the end.
Which is quite long in its own right and can create issues with the 260
char limit, depending on where the source code is checked out on a drive.

> We can consider using System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod()
> to get test name uniformly in all tests. Right now test names shown
> in folder names don't always equal to names of actual tests which
> create those folders.

The REEF local runtime already uses the job name to name the folder for
the job. That should work, right?

Markus