reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecate Exceptions.Throw?
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 15:43:55 GMT
Hi,

bumping this to everyone's attention again. I still maintain that we
should not interfere with .NET's exception handling and use `throw`
instead of the methods in the `Exception` class.

At the same time, we should have good coding standards around the use of
exceptions, for which REEF-864 can be the basis, unless where that
contradicts best practices for .NET.

We should also strive to enforce such good practices via tools. I am not
sure whether the StyleCop and friends can do that. Does anyone know?

Markus