reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache REEF 0.15.0 (rc2)
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 23:32:18 GMT
On 2016-05-24 16:14, Mariia Mykhailova wrote:
> My guess is the failure happens too early, before information about
> context had time to propagate properly. Maybe we should delete
> TestEvaluatorWithActiveContextImmediatePoison  and keep the one with
> delayed failure, which is more robust?

No, I think the test is exposing an important edge case. In practice, we
can't really control when an exception is thrown in application code,
and it might just happen immediately after the context launches.

I suspect this issue will go away or become easier to fix as part of
REEF-1403, where we discuss better ways to lock state in the Evaluator.

Markus