reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: [Java] ClientConfiguration.ON_RUNTIME_ERROR handler not being run when Driver submission fails
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 17:52:16 GMT
On 2016-05-16 8:58 AM, Tobin Baker wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification. I didn't get any exception at all in
> this scenario.

Interesting. So neither the upload of the resources nor the submission
to the RM threw any exceptions? In this case, the error could have been
on the Driver side, or that machines node manager. If the files uploaded
have permissions such that the NM can't download them, the job
submission would fail on that remote machine. We don't have code in the
REEF Client to detect that.

> My client program just kept running after the Driver submission
> failed (which was noted in a REEF log message)

In which log? Driver or Client?

Thanks,

Markus