reef-dev mailing list archives

From Dushyant Bansal <Dushyant.Ban...@microsoft.com>
Subject Heartbeat message limit
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 18:45:34 GMT
Hi REEF team,

I'm in Azure Stream Analytics at Microsoft. We're adding data to the heartbeat that gets sent
by the REEF task to the Driver.  I want to make sure we don't overflow any message buffers.
 There is general guidance on the REEF site<http://reef.apache.org/glossary.html> to
keep the message to keep the Driver performant at scale. But is there a limit on the message
size beyond which the communication will break?  Is this limit configurable? Is there any
guidance on how much load is considered "too much" load for the Driver?

"It is wise for that message to be small, as we otherwise run the risk of overwhelming the
Driver with heartbeat traffic at scale."

Thanks,
Dushyant