reef-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dhruv Mahajan <dhruv.maha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HADOOP_CONF_DIR is not configured or does not exist Error
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 03:57:15 GMT
Turns out, It happened due to cluster update but is not a REEF bug/issue
but issue somewhere else.

Dhruv

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 8:07 PM, Markus Weimer <markus@weimo.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this exception is thrown by the constructor of
> `MultipleRMUrlProvider`, which indeed requires the HADOOP_CONF
> environment variable to be set. Is this on a cluster you haven't used
> before? Or has it recently been upgraded? Hadoop in general is moving
> away from these environment variables, so an update might have caused
> the error to appear.
>
> Markus
>
> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Dhruv Mahajan <dhruv.mahajan@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > While running on cluster I got the following error. I am wondering the
> > nature of error: is it an issue with cluster configuration  or some
> > possible recent issue in REEF?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dhruv
> >
> >
> > Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Implementations.InjectionPlan.InjectorImpl Error: 0
> :
> > 2016-05-09T14:15:24.2561144-07:00 0001
> > ERROR: ExceptionCaught TargetInvocationException encountered error
> > [System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown
> by
> > the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException:
> HADOOP_CONF_DIR
> > is not configured or does not exist.
> > Parameter name: hadoopConfigDir
> >    at
> Org.Apache.REEF.Client.YARN.RestClient.MultipleRMUrlProvider..ctor()
> >    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
> >    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[]
> > arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
> >    at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags
> > invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
> >    at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[] parameters)
> >    at
> >
> Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Implementations.InjectionPlan.InjectorImpl.InjectFromPlan(InjectionPlan
> > plan)] with mesage [Exception has been thrown by the target of an
> > invocation.] and stack trace [   at
> > System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[]
> arguments,
> > Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
> >    at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags
> > invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
> >    at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[] parameters)
> >    at
> >
> Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Implementations.InjectionPlan.InjectorImpl.InjectFromPlan(InjectionPlan
> > plan)]
> > Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Implementations.InjectionPlan.InjectorImpl Error: 0
> :
> > 2016-05-09T14:15:24.2631206-07:00 0001
> > ERROR: ExceptionThrowing InjectionException encountered error
> > [Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Exceptions.InjectionException: Could not invoke
> > constructor: new
> > Org.Apache.REEF.Client.YARN.RestClient.MultipleRMUrlProvider() --->
> > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by
> > the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException:
> HADOOP_CONF_DIR
> > is not configured or does not exist.
> > Parameter name: hadoopConfigDir
> >    at
> Org.Apache.REEF.Client.YARN.RestClient.MultipleRMUrlProvider..ctor()
> >    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
> >    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[]
> > arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
> >    at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags
> > invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
> >    at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[] parameters)
> >    at
> >
> Org.Apache.REEF.Tang.Implementations.InjectionPlan.InjectorImpl.InjectFromPlan(InjectionPlan
> > plan)
> >    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---] with mesage [Could not
> > invoke constructor: new
> > Org.Apache.REEF.Client.YARN.RestClient.MultipleRMUrlProvider()] and stack
> > trace []
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message