reef-dev mailing list archives

From Woo-Yeon Lee <wylee.x...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache REEF 0.15.0 (rc2)
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 02:04:49 GMT
I've found a Dhruv's thread reporting these fails, made 7days ago.
(
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/reef-dev/201605.mbox/%3cCAO2Ppvtxd9ZCu-2tKU+3GPiy5iJPuu8bnUQTZ7Q_oz8GgYJKgQ@mail.gmail.com%3e
)

Also there's a Mariia's thread made 6 hours ago reporting "Cannot read from
log files" error, which is included in error logs of Dhruv and I. I'm
mentioning it and adding a link, since this mail was classified as `Junk`
mail by Gmail. So I guess that all the guys using Gmail do not receive this.
(
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/reef-dev/201605.mbox/%3cBN3PR03MB2179623C35CEB17842C5F1E8D24E0@BN3PR03MB2179.namprd03.prod.outlook.com%3e
)

Thanks,
Wooyeon

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Boris Shulman <shulmanb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like that for some reason it rans yarn tests as well (multi runtime
> test is not supposed to run on local for example)
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On May 23, 2016, at 5:42 PM, Woo-Yeon Lee <wylee.xyzi@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for response, Boris and Mariia.
> >
> > First, I re-ran the tests this time in `c:\reef`. (I did previous tests
> in `c:\apache-reef-0.15.0`)
> > But it still gives me the same result (31 failed tests).
> >
> > I'm attaching a text file that I compiled error messages of fails,
> including stack traces, from VS13.
> >
> > To summarize, below two are major error messages.
> > - Expected number of contexts to close (4) differs from actual number of
> success indicators (0)
> > - Expected number of evaluators to fail (1) differs from actual number
> of failed evaluator indicators (0)
> >
> > And there are several other messages:
> > - Expected number of message "I have seen a failed evaluator with
> correct failed context and no task." occurrences 1 differs from actual 0
> > - Expected number of message "Runtime Name: Local" occurrences 2 differs
> from actual 0
> > - Expected number of message "System.ArgumentException: Requested
> runtime Yarn is not in the defined runtimes list Local" occurrences 1
> differs from actual 0
> > - e.t.c.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Wooyeon
> >
> >> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 3:25 AM, Mariia Mykhailova <
> mamykhai@microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> TestPoisonedActiveContextHandlerImmediate failure might be the same
> heisenbug we've been seeing on AppVeyor, but even there it doesn't fail
> consistently, more like once every 7-10 runs. And I never see it on my
> machine, so it's probably some timing issue with the test itself. Markus,
> can you repro the failure on your machine consistently? Could you please
> open a JIRA for it and attach driver and evaluator logs to see what happens
> in the test?
> >>
> >> For 31 failed tests, Woo-yeon, could you please share the error
> messages?
> >>
> >> -Mariia

VS 2013.

Dongjoon