reef-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjoon Hyun <dongj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache REEF 0.15.0 (rc1)
Date Sat, 21 May 2016 07:42:41 GMT
Oh, what I ask to Markus is about the process for next release manager. I
was wondered ASF allows that.

It's not related to your preparation. Sorry for making you confused.
By the way, I think Markus already answered that you need to cancel the
first vote and make rc2 tarball with the same branch.

For your question, `How it will be different?`. If that is about benefits
to get archives on Github, the followings are the benefits.

* New release manager don't need to have Ubuntu OS.
* New release manager can not make mistakes on archiving.
   - Wrong permissions
   - Including irrelevant file (this happened before.)
* We can have more simplified release manager guide.

Dongjoon.