reef-dev mailing list archives

From Mariia Mykhailova <mamyk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache REEF 0.15.0 (rc2)
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 00:06:33 GMT
I created REEF-1406 to keep track of this failure.

-Mariia

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Weimer [mailto:markus@weimo.de]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:32 PM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache REEF 0.15.0 (rc2)

On 2016-05-24 16:14, Mariia Mykhailova wrote:
> My guess is the failure happens too early, before information about
> context had time to propagate properly. Maybe we should delete
> TestEvaluatorWithActiveContextImmediatePoison  and keep the one with
> delayed failure, which is more robust?

No, I think the test is exposing an important edge case. In practice, we can't really control
when an exception is thrown in application code, and it might just happen immediately after
the context launches.

I suspect this issue will go away or become easier to fix as part of REEF-1403, where we discuss
better ways to lock state in the Evaluator.

Markus