reef-dev mailing list archives

From Mariia Mykhailova <mamyk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Question about publishing the website
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 22:03:04 GMT
I didn't realize we have instructions at website/readme.md as well, I've always referred for
instructions to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/REEF/Updating+the+website+for+a+new+release

From its information, yes, you have to copy apidocs.
At some point I think I've seen information that if you don't need to upload new apidocs,
just update the website, you don't need to copy them over, they'll just be preserved. But
I can't find it now

Do we want to move site publishing instructions to readme.md, like we did for build instructions?
They also depend on the version we want to build/publish

-Mariia

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Weimer [mailto:markus@weimo.de]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2016 2:48 PM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: Question about publishing the website

Hi,

I am trying to publish an update to our website, but got quite confused.
I am following `website/README.md` and have run

   $REEF_HOME/website$ mvn clean site:site

and

   $REEF_HOME$ mvn javadoc:aggregate

What I am confused about is the directory layout. `README.md` states:

> The site.xml file automatically searches for the apidocs at
> `apidocs/{$REEF_VERSION}/index.html`. When copying the apidocs to the
> svn, it is crucial to use this exact path because multiple
> index.html's exist and they must be referenced without ambiguity.

Where does it search for these API docs? After the commands above, I have `$REEF_HOME/website/target/staging/site`
which does not contain the api docs and `$REEF_HOME/target/site/apidocs`, which contains the
API docs for the current REEF version.

Am I now to copy the API docs from `$REEF_HOME/target/site/apidocs` to `$REEF_HOME/website/target/staging/site/{$REEF_VERSION}`?

Thanks,

Markus