reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Move the website to Jekyll?
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 15:28:28 GMT
Hi,

as I am wrestling with REEF-1384, I am wondering whether we should move
away from maven-site for our website. I see the following deficiencies
in maven site, but maybe I am missing something:

   * No blog. Which makes it hard to share news.
   * The Markdown support seems to be different (worse) than elsewhere.

For my personal site[0], I had great success using Jekyll[1], which also
produces a static website. At ApacheCon, I learned that several other
projects also use it. Switching isn't free though:

   * Moving the current content over will take work.
   * Jekyll becomes a dependency for us.

What do you think?

Markus