reef-dev mailing list archives

From Mariia Mykhailova <mamyk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] Documentation location
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 18:42:36 GMT
There's also
4. Github README.md files

I feel that documentation on the website is targeted for people who use REEF (i.e. develop
application based on REEF), and the wiki is targeted for people who develop REEF itself. So,
people who develop REEF don't need an explanation of what Evaluator is, and people who use
REEF don't need release management guide.

-Mariia

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Weimer [mailto:markus@weimo.de]
Sent: Monday, April 4, 2016 11:22 AM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: [Discuss] Documentation location

Hi,

right now, we spread our documentation across at least three places:

   1. The Website
   2. The Wiki
   3. The Java / XML API docs

This seems a bit too spread out to me, as the navigation on the website goes back and forth
between them. We probably shouldn't remove the API docs :-)

The content of the first two can reasonably be placed in either location. Personally, I would
favor the website for this, just because it creates easier to reuse markdown content.

What do you think?

Markus