reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Review of code before the final merge?
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 18:10:01 GMT
Hi,

Boris and I spoke offline about a challenge we have in our current dev
process: We so far are only setup to do code reviews at the very end of
the dev cycle, when it is time to merger the code into `master`.

However, this doesn't cover the back and forth on code prior to that,
where the code might not be in merge-able form, but more of a current
design draft.

I've used my own GitHub fork of REEF for that in the past (e.g. in
REEF-1372), but that is somewhat awkward as well, as it doesn't create a
persistent record we can go back to to see why certain things ended up
certain ways.

Hence my question: What do others do in these cases?

Thanks,

Markus