reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Automated code cleanup before releases?
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 18:39:37 GMT
On 4/22/2016 11:36 AM, Dongjoon Hyun wrote:
> Why don't we clean up the master branch then?

Yes, that is what I meant: We clean `master` right before forking off
the release branch. If we make it a routine to file a release-blocking
JIRA to do that, we end up with a clean `master` as part of every release.

> Maybe it would be a starter jira issue, too.

Maybe. I am a bit hesitant because these commits tend to be very
invasive: Lots of lines of code change, lots of files move around.
Hence, while not *technically* challenging, the *coordination* around it
requires a decent feel for the community.

Markus