reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Exception numbering?
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 23:42:53 GMT
On 2016-04-19 16:17, Byung-Gon Chun wrote:
> Do we have multiple log lines for an exception in REEF.NET? Why is
> it different from REEF Java?

We used to have less of a strict protocol in Java, too. Sergiy took it
upon himself to rectify that. We might want to do the same for .NET.

In REEF.NET, we follow a scheme where all interactions with exceptions
happens through static methods on the `Exceptions` class. And those
methods log a lot, which leads to the great many replications of the
same stack trace in the log files. On the flip side, this should also
make it easy to change our logging policy.

Markus