reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Default level of logging
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 19:00:41 GMT
On 4/12/2016 11:30 AM, Mariia Mykhailova wrote:
> Thank you all for unanimous support :-) The change is in as part of
> REEF-1331

On a related note, our .NET code engages in pretty excessive exception
logging. We log when we throw, catch and rethrow. This seems very
expensive and misleading in the logs, especially if the exception is
handled in the end. In [REEF-864], we've gotten rid of that as part of
an overall cleanup of the exception handling in Java.

Do we want to do something similar for the .NET code? Or is the current
behavior idiomatic .NET?

If so, do we know of tools that can help with enforcement? Otherwise, I
am afraid we might end up not logging them at all :)

Thanks,

Markus