reef-dev mailing list archives

From "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qiuhe.W...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Issues with IActiveContext.SubmitContextAndService
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 17:04:02 GMT
Are you submitting the second context? Why not to submit everything with the IAllocatedEvaluator.
SubmitContextAndSErvice()? What is the consideration to use second context?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dhruv Mahajan [mailto:dhruv.mahajan@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 10:00 AM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Cc: dev@reef.incubator.apache.org; Jaliya Ekanayake <jaliyaek@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Issues with IActiveContext.SubmitContextAndService

So first step:

a) When we get IAllocatedEvaluator, we first submit DataLoading Context and Service and Data
gets read.
b) Then once we get IActiveContext with data loaded, we need to call
IActiveContext.SubmitContextAndSErvice() for group comm. service.
c) Now once we get the IActiveContext back with Group comm. service also instanitates we will
submit the IMRU task.

We do not want to mix the two. Data Loading has to be separate from everything else.

Dhruv