reef-dev mailing list archives

From Anupam <anupam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CanRunClrBridgeExampleOnLocalRuntime failure?
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 03:17:51 GMT
Mea culpa. Really sorry for randomizing everyone.

https://github.com/anupam128/reef/commit/7d2509f01c3a1f1d48d6d6860f95cdc97bff9452#diff-de1044e745984ca7d82410ebc54b59f6
seems to be the culprit.

Originally, LocalClient.Submit used IJavaClientLauncher synchronously
while LocalClient.SubmitAndGetJobStatus used it asynchronously via
Task.Run (dangerous). I erroneously did not preserve this behavior in
my change.

If my hypothesis is correct then it should be a small fix. I am
preparing a change.

In the meanwhile to unblock yourself, you should be able to remove the
.GetAwaiter().GetResult() call from LocalClient.SubmitAndGetJobStatus
and revert to "almost" previous behavior semantically.

--
Anupam
Bellevue, WA