reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Location of build information
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 18:09:05 GMT
+1 on making this move a JIRA and PR. We can discuss the exact file
movements over there.

Markus

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Mariia Mykhailova
<mamykhai@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Yes.
>
> Now we need to decide where to keep them. Lang\cs\README.md for .NET and lang\java\README.md
for Java?

> Should we make _creating_ documentation in source code a PR (as it's kind of a major
change, as opposed to later minor updates)?

> -Mariia

we'd like to move the build instructions from the wiki to the source code. Mariia, does the
[Documentation] commit rule address your concerns?

> Markus
>
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 11:43 PM, Brian Cho <chobrian@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The messages all raise valid concerns.
>>
>> +1 placing build instructions with the source.
>> +1 having an abbreviated commit process for the documentation.
>>
>> -Brian

point to it, instead of the other way around, because then we can improve our instructions
without creating separate JIRAs, PRs, reviews etc.