reef-dev mailing list archives

From Mariia Mykhailova <mamyk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Travis CI buils
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 02:01:31 GMT
Looking at the queue, each build has two associated times: total time, which indeed increased
with addition of 3rd build job, and elapsed time, which stayed approximately the same. Build
jobs of one build run in parallel, so addition of one more job to each build doesn't affect
our observed build time dramatically.

The period of inactivity between builds is another issue, but it doesn't look like we can
influence it.

-Mariia

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Weimer [mailto:markus@weimo.de]
Sent: Monday, February 29, 2016 3:35 PM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: Re: Travis CI buils

On 2016-02-29 15:27, Boris Shulman wrote:
> The problem is that during this 22 hours we can have multiple check
> ins each of them will trigger a CI build, correct?

Yes, that is a bit of a problem. It would be nice if we could cancel the builds in the queue
that are not referring to the current state of the PR any more.

That said, most pull requests have a couple of hours between commits during the review phase
anyhow. It doesn't matter often that way.
However, right now it matters because we (a) have a PR with lots of commits during the reviews
and (b) have a related PR we'd like to get in before that one. This isn't our usual situation.

Does anyone know how to cancel builds, though?

Markus