reef-dev mailing list archives

From Mariia Mykhailova <mamyk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Location of build information
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 19:07:26 GMT
I've filed REEF-1275 for this

-Mariia

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Weimer [mailto:markus@weimo.de]
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:09 AM
To: REEF Developers Mailinglist <dev@reef.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Location of build information

+1 on making this move a JIRA and PR. We can discuss the exact file
movements over there.

Markus

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Mariia Mykhailova <mamykhai@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Yes.
>
> Now we need to decide where to keep them. Lang\cs\README.md for .NET and lang\java\README.md
for Java?

> Should we make _creating_ documentation in source code a PR (as it's kind of a major
change, as opposed to later minor updates)?

> -Mariia

we'd like to move the build instructions from the wiki to the source code. Mariia, does the
[Documentation] commit rule address your concerns?

> Markus
>
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 11:43 PM, Brian Cho <chobrian@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The messages all raise valid concerns.
>>
>> +1 placing build instructions with the source.
>> +1 having an abbreviated commit process for the documentation.
>>
>> -Brian

point to it, instead of the other way around, because then we can improve our instructions
without creating separate JIRAs, PRs, reviews etc.