reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Uploading client files on DFS before launching driver
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 19:12:50 GMT
On 2016-03-29 11:23, Ashvin A wrote:
>  I wanted to check if there is a preferred process for
> achieving this. Anyone has any suggestions based on earlier experiences.

There is. `DriverConfiguration` has a bunch of relevant fields:
`GLOBAL_FILES` and `LOCAL_FILES`. They end up in `./reef/global` and
`./reef/global` on the Driver. Files added as global will also be on
*all* Evaluators spawned. This is supported on all runtimes REEF has, so
no need for special code.

Also, when referencing the files, you can use
`o.a.r.runtime.common.files.REEFFileNames`. That way, you don't have a
hard coded path to fix should we ever move the files somewhere other
than `./reef/` on the Driver / Evaluator.

Markus