reef-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Yunseong Lee <yunseong.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we postpone 0.14 release?
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2016 02:56:42 GMT
Thanks everyone for the thoughtful comments! I agree with you all.

Let's stick to the original schedule (REEF-1040 seems to be merged in
hours!) for 0.14 release.

Also, thanks Boris for volunteering the next release manager!!

Regards,
Yunseong


On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Byung-Gon Chun <bgchun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds good to me. Thanks.
>
>
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Boris Shulman <shulmanb@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Sure, will do that. So I assume we all agree that we will target 0.15 ~
> two
> > weeks after 0.14 and it will be mostly driven by the multi-runtime
> feature.
> >
> > Boris.
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Markus Weimer <markus@weimo.de> wrote:
> >
> > > That sounds like we have a volunteer for the release manager of 0.15 :)
> > >
> > > Markus
> > >
> > > On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Boris Shulman <shulmanb@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > > I agree not to postpone 0.14 but lets target next release it 2-3
> weeks.
> > > I don't mind if we do 0.15 or a minor release.
> > > >
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: "Byung-Gon Chun" <bgchun@gmail.com>
> > > > Sent: ‎2/‎19/‎2016 6:23 PM
> > > > To: "dev@reef.apache.org" <dev@reef.apache.org>
> > > > Subject: Re: Should we postpone 0.14 release?
> > > >
> > > > I agree with Markus and Julia.
> > > > Let's not postpone this release.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Julia Wang (QIUHE) <
> > > > Qiuhe.Wang@microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >> I agree. For test failure, we have to postpone. For feature, it can
> > > always
> > > >> catch next train if our release frequency is reasonable and the
> > feature
> > > is
> > > >> not that critical.
> > > >>
> > > >> I believe we have resolved test failure about
> > > >> CanRunClrBridgeExampleOnLocalRuntime which is a E2E test.
> > > >>
> > > >> Julia
> > > >>
> > > >> -----Original Message-----
> > > >> From: Markus Weimer [mailto:markus@weimo.de]
> > > >> Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 5:58 PM
> > > >> To: dev@reef.apache.org
> > > >> Subject: Re: Should we postpone 0.14 release?
> > > >>
> > > >> Hi,
> > > >>
> > > >> I'm against postponing releases. It just turns into a never-ending
> > story
> > > >> of postponements. Each release (even minor ones) have the same
> effort
> > > for
> > > >> us. Given that this one would be driven by a new feature, why not
> aim
> > > for a
> > > >> quick turnaround to 0.15? That way, we could also remove a lot of
> code
> > > we
> > > >> recently deprecated soon as well.
> > > >>
> > > >> Markus
> > > >>
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Byung-Gon Chun
> > >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Byung-Gon Chun
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message