reef-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Yunseong Lee <>
Subject Re: Should we postpone 0.14 release?
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 01:09:53 GMT
Sure! Thanks for the great suggestion, Markus!

Currently we have 11 blockers for releasing 0.14. I classified them into 4

1. Should be fixed; we can release 0.14 only after resolving those.
  a) [REEF-1040 <>] Fix a
bug in WatcherTest
  b) [REEF-1185 <>] Fix
CanRunClrBridgeExampleOnLocalRuntime test

2. Will be closed soon. Only minor changes are left.
  a) [REEF-974 <>]
Post-Graduation work
  b) [REEF-1163 <>] Replace
Apache feather logo on website with 2016 version

3. Blocked by Avro version, so will be included in the next release.
  a) [REEF-400 <>] Make use
of AvroClassHierarchySerializer both on the Java and the .Net side

4. Not sure how we will include in release 0.14 (tentatively include them
in the next release?).
  a) [REEF-548 <>] Remove
APIs deprecated since 0.11 from REEF-IO
  b) [REEF-551 <>] Remove use
of RemoteManagerFactory from Mesos and deprecate
  c) [REEF-552 <>] Remove
Wake classes and methods with short deprecation-chains since 0.11
  d) [REEF-1124 <>] Remove
deprecated constructors of NameLookupClient
  e) [REEF-195 <>] DLL and
NuGet versions are not synchronized
      (Sub: [REEF-281 <>]
Automatically sync the assembly version from NuGet and POM)
  f) [REEF-330 <>] Port the
REEF.NET integration tests to the new client API

Please let me know if you have any question or suggestion.
It will be great if the owners (or participants) update the status
especially for the items marked as 4.


On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Markus Weimer <> wrote:

> Hi,
> we have a whole lot of issues marked as blockers of 0.14 over at
> It seems unrealistic to solve them all prior to a release. Yunseong, can
> you drive some triage around that?
> Markus

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message