reef-dev mailing list archives

From Yunseong Lee <yunseong.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Test failure on Java side in Ubuntu (0.14.0-rc1)
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 12:23:27 GMT
Hi,

In the voting thread in rc1, Gon reported that the tests fail in Ubuntu.
Actually, I experienced the same failure before, but I thought it could be
an environmental issue.

1.
The failed tests are in reef-io, especially regarding to Network. Taegeon
and I took a look at the log (reef-0.14.0-rc1-java-ubuntu.log in
attachment), and he pointed out that the first Exception was:

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
> at sun.nio.ch.Net.socket0(Native Method)
> at sun.nio.ch.Net.serverSocket(Net.java:445)
> at
> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.<init>(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:88)
> at
> sun.nio.ch.SelectorProviderImpl.openServerSocketChannel(SelectorProviderImpl.java:56)
> at
> io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketChannel.newSocket(NioServerSocketChannel.java:57)
> ... 36 more

>From this block, the tests in the same package fail subsequently. It seems
because too many sockets are open up to the limit that OS can support.

2.
I've tested by checking out the previous commits, and the tests pass before
'[REEF-1124] Remove deprecated constructors of NameLookupClient' [1].

Those constructors were deprecated[2] by Sergey, and removed[3] by Andrew.
Sergey and Andrew, Do you have any idea about this problem?

3.
I've tried different version of Ubuntu in different machines (including
VMs), the tests never have passed in Ubuntu.

Interestingly, Travis CI[3] that runs on Ubuntu 12.04 has never failed,
which I encounter another failure with the same version of Ubuntu.

Could we make sure the CI settings are correct?

Any comment is more than welcome.

Regards,
Yunseong

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-703