reef-dev mailing list archives

From Yunseong Lee <yunseong.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we postpone 0.14 release?
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2016 18:34:19 GMT
Thanks Markus,
Please check the inline comments.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 3:26 AM, Markus Weimer <markus@weimo.de> wrote:

> On 2016-02-22 09:36, Yunseong Lee wrote:
> > Some tests in REEF-IO have failed sporadically. Strangely, tests
> > pass in OSX when I turn off WIFI. *Is there anyone suffering the
> > same problem?*
>
> Yes. Not right now, but in the past, I have experienced test failure
> depending on the network environment I was in. For me, tests passed on
> my home network, but not in "managed" networks like at work or in coffee
> shops. My working theory is that those networks are configured in ways
> that make loopback networking on the *public* IP impossible.

1. Adding the hostname (result of hostname on bash shell) to /etc/hosts
worked for me. Now the build succeeds on Mac OSX.

2.  But still, some tests in reef-io have failed in Ubuntu. Logs from the
first failure is as following:

Tests run: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 10.67 sec
>>> <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.reef.io.network.NetworkConnectionServiceTest
>>
>> testMultithreadedSharedConnMessagingNetworkConnServiceRate(org.apache.reef.io.network.NetworkConnectionServiceTest)
>>>  Time elapsed: 2.223 sec  <<< ERROR!
>>
>> org.apache.reef.tang.exceptions.InjectionException: Could not invoke
>>> constructor: new
>>> NetworkConnectionServiceImpl(NetworkConnectionServiceIdFactory =
>>> [ClassNodeImpl 'org.apache.reef.io.network.util.StringIdentifierFactory']:
>>> org.apache.reef.io.network.util.StringIdentifierFactory(),  =
>>> org.apache.reef.io.network.util.StringIdentifierFactory@37227f8a,
>>> Integer NetworkConnectionServicePort = 0, TransportFactory = new
>>> MessagingTransportFactory(LocalAddressProvider = [ClassNodeImpl
>>> 'org.apache.reef.wake.remote.address.HostnameBasedLocalAddressProvider']:
>>> org.apache.reef.wake.remote.address.HostnameBasedLocalAddressProvider(),  =
>>> org.apache.reef.wake.remote.address.HostnameBasedLocalAddressProvider@39e3594d),
>>> NameResolver = new NameClient(String NameResolverNameServerAddr =
>>> 127.0.0.1, Integer NameResolverNameServerPort = 13671, Long
>>> NameResolverCacheTimeout = 30000, NameResolverIdentifierFactory =
>>> [ClassNodeImpl 'org.apache.reef.io.network.util.StringIdentifierFactory']:
>>> org.apache.reef.io.network.util.StringIdentifierFactory(),  =
>>> org.apache.reef.io.network.util.StringIdentifierFactory@37227f8a,
>>> Integer NameResolverRetryCount = 10, Integer NameResolverRetryTimeout =
>>> 100, LocalAddressProvider = [ClassNodeImpl
>>> 'org.apache.reef.wake.remote.address.HostnameBasedLocalAddressProvider']:
>>> org.apache.reef.wake.remote.address.HostnameBasedLocalAddressProvider(),  =
>>> org.apache.reef.wake.remote.address.HostnameBasedLocalAddressProvider@39e3594d,
>>> TransportFactory = new MessagingTransportFactory(LocalAddressProvider =
>>> [ClassNodeImpl
>>> 'org.apache.reef.wake.remote.address.HostnameBasedLocalAddressProvider']:
>>> org.apache.reef.wake.remote.address.HostnameBasedLocalAddressProvider(),  =
>>> org.apache.reef.wake.remote.address.HostnameBasedLocalAddressProvider@39e3594d),
>>> new NameLookupClient(String NameResolverNameServerAddr = 127.0.0.1, Integer
>>> NameResolverNameServerPort = 13671, Long NameResolverCacheTimeout = 30000,
>>> NameResolverIdentifierFactory = [ClassNodeImpl
> [...]
>>
>> at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.<init>(NioEventLoop.java:120)
>>
>> at
>>> io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoopGroup.newChild(NioEventLoopGroup.java:87)
>>
>> at
>>> io.netty.util.concurrent.MultithreadEventExecutorGroup.<init>(MultithreadEventExecutorGroup.java:64)
>>
>> at
>>> io.netty.channel.MultithreadEventLoopGroup.<init>(MultithreadEventLoopGroup.java:49)
>>
>> at
>>> io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoopGroup.<init>(NioEventLoopGroup.java:61)
>>
>> at
>>> io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoopGroup.<init>(NioEventLoopGroup.java:52)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.wake.remote.transport.netty.NettyMessagingTransport.<init>(NettyMessagingTransport.java:133)
>>
>> at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor7.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>>
>> at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>>
>> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.tang.implementation.java.InjectorImpl.injectFromPlan(InjectorImpl.java:637)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.tang.implementation.java.InjectorImpl.getInstance(InjectorImpl.java:515)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.tang.implementation.java.InjectorImpl.getInstance(InjectorImpl.java:533)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.wake.remote.transport.netty.MessagingTransportFactory.newInstance(MessagingTransportFactory.java:75)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.io.network.impl.NetworkConnectionServiceImpl.<init>(NetworkConnectionServiceImpl.java:114)
>>
>> at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor15.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>>
>> at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>>
>> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.tang.implementation.java.InjectorImpl.injectFromPlan(InjectorImpl.java:637)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.tang.implementation.java.InjectorImpl.injectFromPlan(InjectorImpl.java:661)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.tang.implementation.java.InjectorImpl.getInstance(InjectorImpl.java:515)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.tang.implementation.java.InjectorImpl.getInstance(InjectorImpl.java:533)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.io.network.util.NetworkMessagingTestService.<init>(NetworkMessagingTestService.java:69)
>>
>> at
>>> org.apache.reef.io.network.NetworkConnectionServiceTest.testMultithreadedSharedConnMessagingNetworkConnServiceRate(NetworkConnectionServiceTest.java:290)

Would it have something to do with "[REEF-1124
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-1124>] Remove deprecated
constructors of NameLookupClient"? I've found that the build succeeds when
I check out one commit ahead of REEF-1124. In which case could this problem
occur?

> > 4. I'm working on signing process. Once my key successfully granted
> > to the Apache LDAP, I'll create the release branch and try my best
> > to finish the release.
>
> Can you please have your GPG key signed by Gon? That way, it becomes
> attached to the Apache Web of Trust and will sign it, too :)

I've successfully added mine to the Apache (
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/). I'll move to the next steps
tomorrow. :)