reef-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Should we postpone 0.14 release?
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2016 02:45:55 GMT
That sounds like we have a volunteer for the release manager of 0.15 :)

Markus

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Boris Shulman <shulmanb@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree not to postpone 0.14 but lets target next release it 2-3 weeks. I don't mind
if we do 0.15 or a minor release.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: "Byung-Gon Chun" <bgchun@gmail.com>
> Sent: ‎2/‎19/‎2016 6:23 PM
> To: "dev@reef.apache.org" <dev@reef.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Should we postpone 0.14 release?
>
> I agree with Markus and Julia.
> Let's not postpone this release.
>
>
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Julia Wang (QIUHE) <
> Qiuhe.Wang@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree. For test failure, we have to postpone. For feature, it can always
>> catch next train if our release frequency is reasonable and the feature is
>> not that critical.
>>
>> I believe we have resolved test failure about
>> CanRunClrBridgeExampleOnLocalRuntime which is a E2E test.
>>
>> Julia
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Markus Weimer [mailto:markus@weimo.de]
>> Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 5:58 PM
>> To: dev@reef.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Should we postpone 0.14 release?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm against postponing releases. It just turns into a never-ending story
>> of postponements. Each release (even minor ones) have the same effort for
>> us. Given that this one would be driven by a new feature, why not aim for a
>> quick turnaround to 0.15? That way, we could also remove a lot of code we
>> recently deprecated soon as well.
>>
>> Markus
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Byung-Gon Chun

Mime
View raw message