reef-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Boris Shulman <shulm...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Should we postpone 0.14 release?
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2016 02:41:23 GMT
I agree not to postpone 0.14 but lets target next release it 2-3 weeks. I don't mind if we
do 0.15 or a minor release.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Byung-Gon Chun" <bgchun@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎2/‎19/‎2016 6:23 PM
To: "dev@reef.apache.org" <dev@reef.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Should we postpone 0.14 release?

I agree with Markus and Julia.
Let's not postpone this release.


On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Julia Wang (QIUHE) <
Qiuhe.Wang@microsoft.com> wrote:

> I agree. For test failure, we have to postpone. For feature, it can always
> catch next train if our release frequency is reasonable and the feature is
> not that critical.
>
> I believe we have resolved test failure about
> CanRunClrBridgeExampleOnLocalRuntime which is a E2E test.
>
> Julia
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Markus Weimer [mailto:markus@weimo.de]
> Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 5:58 PM
> To: dev@reef.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Should we postpone 0.14 release?
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm against postponing releases. It just turns into a never-ending story
> of postponements. Each release (even minor ones) have the same effort for
> us. Given that this one would be driven by a new feature, why not aim for a
> quick turnaround to 0.15? That way, we could also remove a lot of code we
> recently deprecated soon as well.
>
> Markus
>



-- 
Byung-Gon Chun

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message