reef-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Chung <afchun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ability to support multiple Tasks on an Evaluator
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 00:28:17 GMT
Hi Gon,

It depends on how we want to implement it. A way is to merge it into
core REEF, which is expected to be a lot more difficult due to the
need to break APIs. Another way is to build an application on top of
it as was done in Vortex; however, this will likely be more general
than Vortex since users will need to be able to specify their
resources and all the other features that REEF provides. Which way do
you think is better? We can certainly have it sit on top of the
current Task API, but a problem will be the ability to inject objects
that are bound in `ContextConfiguration`. Another problem is that this
becomes another application that is potentially independent of the
rest of the applications that we will have to support going forward.
So far, I have not yet thought of a good way to expose both the core
REEF Task AND core REEF Context AND the application Task all at once.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Andrew