reef-dev mailing list archives

From Tobin Baker <tdba...@cs.washington.edu>
Subject `org.apache.reef.runtime.yarn.client.YarnDriverConfiguration` vs `org.apache.reef.runtime.yarn.driver.YarnDriverConfiguration`
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 23:31:14 GMT
I'm working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-1034, which
involves adding
`org.apache.reef.runtime.yarn.driver.parameters.JobSubmissionDirectoryPrefix`
as an `OptionalParameter` to
`org.apache.reef.runtime.yarn.driver.YarnDriverConfiguration`, by analogy
with `org.apache.reef.runtime.mesos.driver.MesosDriverConfiguration`. But
then I noticed that there are actually two instances of
`YarnDriverConfiguration`:
`org.apache.reef.runtime.yarn.client.YarnDriverConfiguration` and
`org.apache.reef.runtime.yarn.driver.YarnDriverConfiguration`.
`MesosDriverConfiguration` isn't similarly bifurcated. So my question is:
1) why are there two different classes named `YarnDriverConfiguration`, and
2) which of these classes is appropriate to contain the parameter
`JobSubmissionDirectoryPrefix`?

Thanks,
Tobin