reef-dev mailing list archives

From Tobin Baker <tdba...@cs.washington.edu>
Subject Specifying locality constraints for Driver
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 22:51:10 GMT
Hi, our initial users for Myria on REEF would like to be able to launch the
driver on a particular node (because they have just enough memory on the
non-coordinator nodes for a single Task evaluator and don't want to
allocate enough slack memory on every node for the driver in case it gets
randomly assigned to that node). I spent some time grepping REEF source (
https://github.com/apache/reef/blob/master/lang/java/reef-common/src/main/java/org/apache/reef/client/DriverConfiguration.java,
https://github.com/apache/reef/blob/master/lang/java/reef-runtime-yarn/src/main/java/org/apache/reef/runtime/yarn/driver/YarnDriverConfiguration.java)
for such a configuration option, but came up empty. Am I missing something?
(Note that there may be a YARN bug that prevents this from working even if
I dropped down to YARN:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29302659/run-my-own-application-master-on-a-specific-node-in-a-yarn-cluster
.)