reef-dev mailing list archives

From Tae-Geon Um <taegeo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add dependency to Immutables?
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2015 12:06:09 GMT
Hi,

I’ve take a look at it.

The advantages of Immutables are that
1) it can reduce the number of code lines
	 - Simple immutable classes, just having simple getter methods, can be generated easily.
	 - But, if the class has complex getter methods (such as sum of the vector elements), the
reduction of code lines would not be huge.

The disadvantages of Immutables are that
1) It doesn’t seem that Immutables is compatible with Tang @inject.
2) it does not support generics, such as Optional<T> class in REEF.

It seems that using Immutable has little merit to us.
Any thoughts?

Taegeon

> On Dec 23, 2015, at 7:33 AM, Markus Weimer <markus@weimo.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just came across the Immutables library[0]. This looks like a rather handy tool to
replace many of the boring immutable data classes in REEF with generated code. The license
is compatible with us. What do you think?