reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Log and throw exceptions.
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 18:08:01 GMT
On 2015-12-18 06:02, Dudoladov, Sergey wrote:
> As a part of REEF-864, we need to decide if we allow both to log and
> (re)throw an exception at the same time.

Thanks for bringing this up! I think the goal should be to log
Exceptions exactly once.

> My first idea is that we should give preference to Drivers in
> logging all exceptions, so Evaluators should try to  only throw
> exceptions.

I like this approach, but would also like to have every exception logged
exactly once before it leaves the Evaluator. If we have a cascading
system failure, the Driver might not get around to do the logging.

Markus