reef-dev mailing list archives

From Anupam Upadhyay <anupam...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Weird default for YARN job submission directory
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 03:33:15 GMT
Both changes, to change the default and to add to the configuration are good changes. Please
file a JIRA (and make the change).
AFAIK the default is set to its current value because of the environment in which the initial
testing of the feature adding this parameter was done.
Sorry you had to waste time tracking this down.

--
Anupam

-----Original Message-----
From: "Tobin Baker" <tdbaker@cs.washington.edu>
Sent: ‎12/‎2/‎2015 8:30
To: "dev@reef.apache.org" <dev@reef.apache.org>
Cc: "Brandon Haynes" <bhaynes@cs.washington.edu>
Subject: Weird default for YARN job submission directory

I finally tracked down the weird default of /vol1/tmp for the YARN job
submission directory to the default value of the NamedParameter
org.apache.reef.runtime.yarn.driver.parameters.JobSubmissionDirectoryPrefix.
If we must have a default at all, isn't it better to default to something
like /tmp that's pretty much guaranteed to be present on all Unix systems?
What was the rationale for the /vol1 prefix? And if this parameter pretty
much always needs to be set, why can't it be part of YarnClientConfiguration
(I had to create a dummy Configuration containing only this NamedParameter
to merge it with YarnClientConfiguration)?