reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <wei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about Reef-webserver
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:05:58 GMT
Hi,

mostly: What Yingda said.

Typically, we are on clusters with shared machines where one physical
machine (and IP address) hosts multiple containers. Assuming that any one
particular port is available for us isn't possible. Hence, the constructor
of HttpServerImpl tries different ports until an available one is found. In
the case of the Driver, we use the found port in order to register the
application with the resource manager to enable discovery through the RM,
which is part of the infrastructure of the cluster and therefore a known
entity.

The way HttpServerImpl  does this searchfor a port  is configurable, but it
starts with com.microsoft.reef.webserver.PortNumber, which defaults
to 8080. If you want to start the search elsewhere, you can bind a
different value to that named parameter.

Hope this helps,

Markus