reef-dev mailing list archives

From Yingda Chen <ydc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Reef-webserver
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 14:15:09 GMT
We had similar discussions before, and for most usage cases, we depend on
YARN to do the http traffic forwarding, which will automatically find the
port used by Reef (AM) http server.

I agree that allowing user to set port can provide more flexibility, but
with flexibility also comes some uncertainty - since we cannot guarantee
that the port specified by the user can be used, as another application may
already be using that. In fact, on a multi-tenant cluster where multiple
Reef applications are running, port-collision is inevitable. I guess we can
still do it and make it clear to the user that REEF can only bind the port
on a best-effort basis. I am open to that discussion :)

-Yingda