reef-dev mailing list archives

From "John (Youngseok) Yang" <johnya...@gmail.com>
Subject Improving yarn container allocation time
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 05:43:50 GMT
Hello all,

My name is John. I am a graduate student at SNU.

With help from Professor Chun, Markus, Brian, and Yingda, I am working on
faster yarn container allocation.

To circumvent YARN-314 and subtle concurrency issues wrt AMRMClientAsync,
currently REEF makes one-by-one container requests to YARN RM. It takes 2
seconds per request.

I got my branch to the point where it does faster "one kind(same resource
vector) at a time" requests for which the "relax_locality" condition is
true.

This is the url of my repo:
https://github.com/johnyangk/REEF/compare/jyang-improve-yarn-allocation

For the next few days I am going to work on the locality-specific requests.
If I have any questions along the way, I'll use this thread.

Thanks,
John