reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <markus.wei...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: REEF source code is now on Apache GIT
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:25:45 GMT
(The mailing list software removed the formatting from my prior mail.
The below is the same text in an easier to read format)

Hi,

this all happened yesterday, but the mailing list would not let me send out an announcement.
So here we go

REEF is no longer hosted on the Microsoft-CISL GitHub account, but instead on the Apache GIT
repository. You can create a local copy via

$ git clonehttps://git.apache.org/incubator-reef.git

Note that Wake and Tang are now included in the same repository in the folders reef-tang and
reef-wake. You can build everything via

$ mvn -DskipTests clean install.

The version in that repository has been cleaned up and renamed a bit by me yesterday. Namely,
please be aware of the following changes:
   * The REEF root package is now org.apache.reef
   * The Tang root package is now org.apache.reef.tang
   * The Wake root package is now org.apache.reef.wake
   * All maven artifacts now have the groupId org.apache.reef
   * The current version of REEF is 0.10-incubating-SNAPSHOT

These changes are *breaking* for dependent projects. You will all have to spend some time
to adapt your code to the new names for packages and maven artifacts. Sorry about that!

Happy renaming!

Markus