reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: REEF source code is now on Apache GIT
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:25:12 GMT
Hi,

On 2014-10-26 21:26, Byung-Gon Chun wrote:
> git clone git://git.apache.org/incubator-reef.git
>
> works. https should be replace with git.

Good to know. I wonder whether push to this URL works.

> I'm following the guideline in this wiki page.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache
There seem to be a great many of those instructions. I so far used

http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html

> When I checked authors.txt by running "wget
> http://git.apache.org/authors.txt", I cannot find my name in the file.
> Shouldn't be all reef committers in the authors.txt file?

I think that is only needed for the svn-git gateway. But maybe I'm wrong...

> Shouldn't each committer set up username and email properly for git?

How do you mean? Something like

$ git config user.name "Markus Weimer"
$ git config user.email weimer@apache.org

Yes, we should do that :-)