rave-users mailing list archives

From Javier García Álvarez <javier.gar...@xeridia.com>
Subject RE: How I can integrate rave in my website?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 12:02:28 GMT
My application is not Spring (MVC) based. How I can integrate Apache Rave?
But if my application made use of Spring MVC. What would be the way to
integrate ?

Thank you very much again

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Jasha Joachimsthal [mailto:j.joachimsthal@onehippo.com]
Enviado el: martes, 03 de abril de 2012 13:26
Para: users@rave.apache.org
Asunto: Re: How I can integrate rave in my website?

Hi Javier,

2012/4/3 Javier García Álvarez <javier.garcia@xeridia.com>

> Hi,
>        I have a website and now I want to add a page where users can
manage
> their dashboard. I tried apache rave and I really like. What is the best
> way
> to integrate Apache Rave in my application?

That depends on your web application. Is it Spring (MVC) based?

>        I also need to modify some of the functionality offered by Apache
> Rave:
>                - Make use of the security provided by my web application

You need a custom Spring security configuration then. In [1] you can read
how to use different Spring configurations. One example is the Rave Vanilla
extension's security configuration.

>                - Remove some features such as watching the user profile

Deny access to /app/person/** in your custom Spring security configuration
and customize the JSP so that it will not contain a link to the profile
page.

>                - Create dashboards automatically by default when creating
> user in my application
>        How I can do this?

You can implement your own NewAccountService [4] (or extend
DefaultNewAccountService) [4] that not only creates the page for your new
user, but also populates it with widgets. In the future we will have more
out-of-the-box functionality for preconfigured pages for new users.

[1] http://rave.apache.org/documentation/custom-app-context.html
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/rave/sandbox/rave-extensions/rave-vanilla-ex
tension/rave-vanilla-extension-portal/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/applicationCon
text-security.xml
[3]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/rave/trunk/rave-components/rave-core/src/mai
n/java/org/apache/rave/portal/service/NewAccountService.java
[4]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/rave/trunk/rave-components/rave-core/src/mai
n/java/org/apache/rave/portal/service/impl/DefaultNewAccountService.java

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com