rave-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>
Subject PageType
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 22:43:48 GMT
I'm struggling with PageType at the moment. Right now it's an enum with
three values defined: "USER", "PERSON_PROFILE" and "SUBPAGE". I have a need
to create a new template page similar to Person Profile however there isn't
really an easy way to create/reference that page. If I make a USER page it
shows up as a tab and the other types don't really make sense. I realize I
can overwrite the PageType class but that doesn't really feel like the best
long term approach to stay in sync with Rave developments.

I think there are two options:
1) Create another PageType called STATIC or something like that.
2) Add an attribute to the Page table to tell some User pages not to render
as tabs. (This might make PERSON_PROFILE not needed as well)

Thoughts?

Chris