rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.13 Release Candidate
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 08:53:36 GMT
On 07/02/2012 10:00 AM, Jasha Joachimsthal wrote:
> It's a good idea to postpone the release and work on fixing the issues
> first.

While I agree on the latter, I'm not sure we should postpone the release (0.13).

As we're striving for a release every month I'd rather cancel/skip the 0.13
release and focus on fixing the trunk (0.14-SNAPSHOT) instead so we hopefully
have a more stable and reliable 0.14 release end of this month.

Postponing 0.13 would mean creating a separate branch based on the 0.13 tag and
working towards a 0.13.1 release candidate (note that a 0.13-RC1 as Chris
proposed isn't really an option anymore as 0.13 already has been tagged).

All this seems like unnecessary extra work to me, unless some major other
changes were planned/targeted for trunk which cannot wait.
Instead, I propose canceling the 0.13 release and work towards a better 0.14
release instead.

Ate