rave-dev mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Matthew B." <mfrank...@mitre.org>
Subject Opportunity at O’Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON)
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 15:53:14 GMT
Apache will be hosting a series of events in the two days prior to OSCON,
the 16th and 17th of July.  These events are a unique opportunity to
engage new participants and build awareness for Rave.

The goal is to provide an environment where newcomers and veteran Apache
contributors alike can learn, collaborate and engage with the various
Apache communities.  To support this, the Conference Committee (ConCom) is
planning to use a mixture of bar camp, hackathon and other ‘unconference’
style tools to facilitate engagement at all levels; from hands on coding
to high-level overview talks.

As the events are exactly two weeks away, we are asking that any of our
community members who will be at OSCON and are interested in helping grow
Rave, work with us and ConCom to organize our
presence during the two days.

ConCom will be preparing a section of their site and wiki to help
advertise and coordinate the event.  They have asked all interested
projects to prepare a patch for their site with details of the project and
what the project will be doing during the events (overview talks, hacking
sessions, etc).  We would highlight things like Rave's flexibility in
deployment and use cases, lightweight widget-based UI and OpenSocial/W3C
widget rendering.

Currently, they have organized the two days into the following four blocks
of related projects:

Monday:
Social & Widgets
Big Data & Content

Tuesday
Cloud  & Web Infrastructure
Programming & Productivity

Please reply to this e-mail if you are interested in helping coordinate
Rave’s presence at OSCON.  We will work with ConCom to coordinate the next
steps.

Thank you in advance,
The Rave PMC